Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dealing with Alzheimer's

I had an interesting experience this week that's happened to me many times in the past.  I thought I was connecting a woman with her deceased husband.  Everything he "said" to me, she validated.  When I said, "He's sorry about the caretaking he put you through," she burst into tears.  When she calmed down a bit, she told me that her husband was still very much alive but was dealing with Alzheimer's.  How can this be?  How could I have communicated with her husband?  What I've discovered is that people dealing with Alzheimer's usually don't want to leave this world because they feel needed here.  They're afraid to leave their kids, they're still worried about one of their family members, or they're afraid to cross over because they have unfinished business.  But their soul, their higher self, is very much ready to leave.  My guides have shown me that when Alzheimer's patients are having off days, forgetting more than usual, this means that their soul is on the other side visiting with loved ones and their angels and resting.

So if you love someone with Alzheimer's, I hope it brings you some comfort to know that they have a foot in both worlds.  God's love never abandons us; even in the face of this painful illness, God extends a hand to offer some relief, some moments of peace.   Please also know that you, too, can connect with your loved one dealing with Alzheimer's through meditation, prayer and intentional thought even if they're right in front of you.  Send them your love, light and prayers and know that they are truly in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment