Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crystal Grid for Addictions

No, I am not attempting to write a blog on addictions or how to use crystals to overcome addictions.  The big A word is too big for all of that.  But, here's what I do know -- in order to overcome addictions, you need a whole team.  You can not, can not, can not do it alone.  And anyone who says they can is, well, an addict.


You need the support of your people -- family, friends, significant others.  You need a grounding in faith.  You have to have faith in something other than you and whatever you're addicted to.  I believe you need to have the desire to surrender -- your will, your addiction, your needs to this higher power.  


But, like I said, I don't want to write a blog on addiction because I'm not trained in that area at all.  However, a mother emailed me recently and asked if I could recommend some crystals for her son who is struggling with addiction.  Ah, I thought, that is something I can do.

What I know about addicts is this: YOU CAN'T HELP THEM.  You really, really can't.  You can't save them either.  They have to come to this realization on their own.  They have to hit rock bottom, and unfortunately, rock bottom is different for everyone.  Toward the end of my father's battle of addiction, I was praying not that he'd stop drinking, but that he'd hit rock bottom.  Thankfully, he did.  He went to rehab and has now been sober for 24 years.  I still have dreams that he's drinking.  I dream that he comes to my house slurring his words or that I get a phone call that he's gotten a DUI.  And I'm sure my dad still battles the addiction inside himself.  But I am so proud of him, of his near daily attendance for almost 30 years at AA meetings, and of what he taught me about how to overcome.


Here's what you can do for addicts: PRAY.  That's where the crystal grid comes in.  Setting up a crystal grid for someone is a wonderful way to actively pray for them, to send conscious light to them and their situation, and to intentionally call on their team for help: their guides and angels and loved ones in heaven.


So, here's how to set up an addiction grid.  You'll need to get several stones.  I've listed a lot below, but make the grid your own.  You want to makes sure you have crystals to help with addiction, protection, courage and love. 

For addiction: amethyst and/or amber
For protection: black tourmaline, black onyx, jasper or black kyanite
For courage and finding oneself again: citrine
For endurance and the ability to obtain our goals: sodalite
For love and forgiveness - especially of self: rose quartz and/or sugalite, rhodocrosite or rhodonite or chyrospace
For our angels' help: petalite or angelite or celestite or selenite
For balance in our moods: lepidolite and blue kyanite
To absorb depression and sadness: smoky quartz or botswana agate or apache tear

You'll need a pyramid or obelisk shaped crystal for the center.  I think amethyst or rose quartz works best for this issue.  Then place the stones around it in a circle.  Underneath the center pyramid or obelisk stone, place a photo of the person you're praying for, and under that place a small piece of paper with an affirmation written in the present tense such as "                      experiences a positive life changing healing that enables him to overcome his addictions, helps him to accomplish his soul purpose and fosters an unconditional self love of himself.  This or something better. Thank you."

For those of you dealing with an addict in your own life, please don't forget to pray for yourself and to get help for you too.  Often, you have a harder job than the addict.  I can't say enough about Al-Anon.  Find a group that suits you.  It might take a few tries, but it's worth it.  When I was in high school, I went to my first Al-Anon meeting and saw three kids from my high school who were dealing with same thing I was -- a parent addicted to alcohol.  We were all mortified to see each other.  I ended up driving 45 minutes to a meeting in New Canaan where I knew no one.  What a relief!  Those meetings give you the tools needed to face life before, during, and -- just as importantly -- after the addict stops using.  Make no mistake, all are equally hard stages.  And you as the codependent can't conquer any of those stages alone either.

My other piece of advice to people dealing with addicts is this: TELL EVERYONE.  Shout it from the rooftops.  My                         is an addict.  There is such power in that.  When my dad entered rehab, my mom made us tell everyone that dad had food poisoning and was in the hospital.  You really are only as sick as your secrets.   I tell everyone about my dad and not because I'm ashamed but because I'm so proud of him.  Shine a light on this nasty thing called addiction and like a cockroach, it will scurry away to find another dark corner of the world.




10 comments:

  1. Love this line: You really are only as sick as your secrets.

    Great post, Thank you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What timing! I know you wrote this mainly about alcohol and hard drug addiction, but, I stopped smoking two days ago as part of a general effort to raise my vibration in order to be of better service. ...I have to admit I fall into group three, for sure. With help from my spirit people, a big chunk of amethyst, and support from my other I'm going one stressful situation at a time. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Botswana Agate is a great stone to help when quitting smoking. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, thank you for the tip! And the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work…unique site and interesting too… keep it up…looking forward for more Stop Addictionsi was really impressed by your blog please keep on sharing such blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post. So very very true and right to my heart. Xx thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post. So very very true and right to my heart. Xx thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am rewriting, due to errors in my previous post. I am going to follow your advise, and I hope you pray for him to leave his addiction and live a healthy life. I believe a beautiful change is coming for him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful blog with many helpful pieces of information about Crystal Healing Sets. kindly visit

    ReplyDelete