Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What Happens If Your Crystal Breaks?

I received this question today and thought it would be a great topic to discuss here on my Blog.  What do you do if your crystal breaks?  There is so much information out there on this topic and, unfortunately, few of the experts actually agree.  Some say you should bury the stone.  Others say you should place it in a bag of sage for several months.  Some believe you should no longer use the stone.  Based on my experience with stones and what I've learned in my meditations, here is my opinion:


If a crystal that is meant to protect you breaks, then this is often seen as a warning.  These crystals include turquoise, jasper, malachite, hematite, moss agate and a few others. I had a malachite worry stone that I treasured greatly.  One day, for no reason, the tip broke off.  I was devastated and refused to believe anything bad would happen.  I superglued the tip on and still have that piece of malachite today!  Still, two weeks later my husband was shot in the line of duty. If a protective stone breaks, it does not necessarily mean something negative will happen to you.  My experience could have been just a coincidence.  Who knows?  Either way, take it as a sign to be more careful.  But I would highly advice against supergluing your crystal back together :)

If a crystal that is meant to do something positive breaks, then it means you're supposed to share it.  Rose quart brings love, for example, so if that breaks it means you need to share your love.  Smokey quartz clears away negativity and depression.  So if it breaks, I would share it with someone you know who is feeling down right now.  I have a piece of smokey quartz that is self healed.  Sometimes our crystals will heal themselves and this stone then becomes a powerful stone to help you to heal yourself.

If a stone breaks that is meant to be healing such as a green stone, then again I would think about someone in my life who is feeling under the weather and I'd share that stone with him or her.  I have a kyanite stone that I love.  Most nights I sleep with it under my pillow because kyanite will help cleanse your chakras while you sleep.  One morning I awoke and saw that a blade of the kyanite had fallen off.  I thought this was odd but didn't think any more about it.  That afternoon, I bumped into my neighbor who told me he had to have tests done on his throat after doctors had discovered some nodules.  I quickly ran inside and grabbed my kyanite blade and gave it to him.

Sometimes a stone breaks and we don't really know why.  I had wanted a Lemurian crystal for so, so long.  In 2005, a client brought me one she had purchased at a gem show, and I fell in love with that stone.  I spent the next 6 years searching for the perfect Lemurian.  I never really found it, but last summer when I was vacationing in Asheville with my family, I stopped in at Points of Light and found a lovely Lemurian.  It had a little bubble of clear quartz that looked like a window into another world.  I loved this little quartz and carried it with me everywhere and to all my readings.  Three months later, I was walking into my kitchen to grab the phone.  I had the Lemurian in one hand and when I reached for the phone, the crystal dropped and broke into pieces on my hard tile floor.  I was devastated.  I called my crystal guru friend Joel and he told me to place it in a bag of Sage to let it heal from the break.  I did as he instructed but my heart felt a bit sad.  I wondered if I wasn't spiritually ready for the Lemurian.  I worried if it meant something bad might happen like when my Malachite broke.  


Months went by and I didn't try to replace my Lemurian.  Then one day, a package arrived in the mail.  Inside, under heaps and heaps of tissue paper, was the most beautiful Lemurian I've ever seen in my life.  It's over four inches tall and two and a half inches wide.  It's a Buddha Lemurian crystal which means there's a perfect image of the Buddha sitting in the middle of the stone.  I had read about this type of stone and wondered if such a thing could be possible and now here it was  -- in my hands.  It even had rainbows sprinkled throughout it.  There was a lovely note from my friend Joel.  He said he'd gotten the message when my Lemurian broke that it was time to give his Lemurian to me.  This stone, he said, had been found outside a cave in Brazil.  And on its long journey, it had somehow come to me.  I couldn't have been happier.  He apologized for the delay in getting the stone to me, explaining that it was difficult to part with.  And staring at that majestic crystal, I could definitely understand why he didn't want to part with it.  


Now I have the Lemurian crystal I've always wanted;  actually it's so much better than any crystal I could have dreamed of.  So when crystals break, try not to get scared or worried and know that it means it's just time for you to share your stones or receive new ones.  Crystals are meant to be shared, not coveted nor kept in boxes.  Still, when I receive the message to pass on my Lemurian to its new owner, I will be very sad indeed.  


Open your heart to crystals and be ready to experience subtle and profound changes that will take your breath away.  Crystals are hard working light workers who always leave their caretakers better people than when they first met.  

23 comments:

  1. I have a couple of quartz crystals whose points have broken off or chipped a little bit. I unfortunately don't have the pieces that broke off. What do you recommend I do with them to heal them? Can they be healed? And if so, can I still work with them (energetically and magically)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, yes they can be healed. Some crystals are self-healed meaning they heal themselves, but this doesn't always happen. You can place them in a bowl of sage to facilitate this process. Personally, when a crystal of mine breaks, I will either place the pieces in my garden or give them to friends.

      Delete
  2. I have a fluorite stone that I bought last week, and on the drive home, I decided to hold one of them, the all green one, on my skirt-clad lap. I stopped somewhere and when I got out, the crystal fell onto the ground, a corner of the stone breaking off. I searched under my car and kept the broken piece, later giving it to my 9 year old niece with ocd just because I felt compelled. I am *very* new to understanding and learning about crystals. Should I have given her the whole thing? Should I put it in a bag? I was worried when it happened and babied the heck out of the stone, but then I felt that it was ok. Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you do when you want to stop use crystal? i love my crystal but it is way to much energie for me. and i just don't want to trash them like dirt. What can i do? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,I put my Carnelian stone under the full moon the whole night and my husband who has been.out of a job for 3 months,knocked it and it fell down from 12th storey high to the ground and broke it.I was so devastated and worry it means bad sign?

    Linda De Silva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I had my clear quartz since I was little. My mum gave it to me because at night I was crying and shouting. Quartz was my last help since professionals didn't know whats happening with me. So I had my quartz for a long time and it gradually helped me. Recently my interest in crystal grew suddenly. Once again it began with my clear quartz. I got so attached to it (I have it for around 15 years now!) so it is for me like sister or brother. Recently my interest expanded into another crystals so quartz was put a bit on a side. Today I've noticed that my crystal chipped twice (I've noticed it after cleaning) and it has crack which got rainbow colors. For around 15 years this crystal wasnt cleaned of negative energies and nothing happened to it.
    Now I have flu but I think these chips might be caused because I put it on side where as before it was always next to me. what do you think about it? I've got also feeling that recently I've cleaned it a bit too much, I used to be lazy with cleaning it.
    btw I found your article very interesting :) at least I know that I can prevent my crystal from going away.

    Once I bought fire agate only because someone told me that it is good protective stone. I wasn't much bothered about it really. I bought it just because someone told me to. Few months after fire agate got missing and i didn't even notice it. My mum found it half of year after in park! It was absolutely amazing. I told my mum that she should keep it if crystal choose her but I ended up putting it to my box :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I broke my crystal earlier today but despite the fact I'm the type of person that refuses to give up on anything even if the situation may seem too late for any kind of repair. It's a black sphalerite with clusters of little quartz around it and some gold pyrite around the edges.

      At first I was saddened but after some reflecting it turned out the experience helped me learn about myself. Also, I believe the crystal was overused and needed some recharging. I originally intended to use superglue but then I just put the stone together like a piece of jigsaw puzzle even put the tiny pieces of quartz in the gaps. It fits perfectly and I can hold them in my hands but only upright.

      Anyway, the way I cleanse my crystals, I use to be aggressive and soak them in water with sea salt. Now I just smudge them but I still use a bowl of sea salt water next to the crystal and not put the crystals in them.

      Delete
  6. I have had a couple crystals that broke, a rose quartz and a piece of selenite. I just saw it as a sign I no longer needed them, and so Rather then just throw them away I decided to bury the.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! My most favorite crystal just slammed into the floor and broke into three pieces and I swear I heard my heart scream a little....I am still very sad, but as my instant thought was maybe I am supposed to share it - I now feel much better reading your article. I will find two other homes. I know my daughter wants one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a tumbled quartz crystal which, when it broke, it was as if a tiny bit of it was sheared off. Otherwise it is completely intact. Its been so long that I no longer remember the circumstances surrounding the break and have been trying to decide what to do with it ever since. I think that I tried cleansing it and it just doesn't feel the same no matter how hard I try to make it. I think it may be time to return it to the Earth. I just haven't been able to make myself part with it. Perhaps just by writing this, it will allow me to let it go and maybe in letting go, I will be receiving something greater! Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also used to have the best moonstone. While it did not break, and was very small, it seemed to work very well. I used to wear it all the time. And then somehow, one day I just lost it. I was so upset. I have another larger moonstone, but it isn't the same. I suppose that it was time for it to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glass Centerpieces
    Welcome to Badash Crystal, your online retail shop for crystal candle holders, scotch decanters, paperweights, crystal stemware, glass goblets and glass cylinder vases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have an angelite that I put into water to clean and it came out gritty and lost its shine, is it still ok?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a turquoise bracelet. I wore it everyday for nearly 2 months. I lost my job for 1 month and during that time, I didn't wear the turquoise bracelet. I have an altar where I keep it and I leave it there when burning candles and incense. Today, while combing my hair, I heard a loud, "pop" sound. I looked around and on the floor and didn't see anything, so I thought it may have come from outside of the house. While cleaning my altar later that day I saw that my turquoise bracelet had broken. Half of it was still on the string, but the rest of it had come apart. I burned some sage and placed each piece into the smoke of the sage and then placed it back on my altar. After reading some of your comments, I don't know what to do (give it to someone else, throw it away or bury it). I'm leaning more towards burying it, but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently bought a citrine bracelet, I wore it everyday now, but when I look at it under bright light, I see a little surface area is sync as if it was broken before and was glued it back on, so I look everywhere and couldn't find an answer to it, I really hope to find if there's an answer to it. Any form of answer would be appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I broke my Opal in time when i was feeling very bad and scared. Now the 3 pieces are just laying on a side and I dont know what to do with them. Does anybody knows how to clean them to give them a break and what to do with the pieces after?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing. . I know something information, to know you can click here

    Daily Boutique Deals

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, so I have a malachite frog and an amathyst that both fit in my pocket. I'm always putting them together. One night, I went to a concert and forgot they were in my pocket. I was dancing having fun but I instanly got this sense that something happend to my malachite. I checked my pocket and the little leg for the frog fell off. I was devastated. I apologize to both crystals. I love them so much. I recently purchased a fluorite after but what should I do? I love the malachite and amethyst so. So much

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have bought 3 different Chakra items: the first was a bracelet but i lost it within one day; Then i bought a necklace and the clasp broke yesterday making it unwearable today i bought a chakra pendent which can be used by gently swing to and fro: i went into a crystal shop to get a cord or something to wear it and when i took it out if the little bag the tip just broke off no apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ladies and gentlemen what you think is what you get.and what you believe in naturally comes to life. . Crystals are tools to help send and receive that what you think and believe. The broken pieces is simply ment its readyfor a new program or purpose ..use that piece :) it's really how you see it ! - I am power

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a crystal that I put on top of my dogs ashes before I scattered his ashes on the beachand sea he loved so much......This crystal has stayed with me for months since this time .It recently dropped on the tile floor and broke into 3 pieces.....a large piece a small piece and a smaller piece...I put the large piece into my bad but do not know what to do with the little pieces.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Typo...bad..meant to write bag..

    ReplyDelete
  21. The light on my ionic crystal stone burnt out so I went out to buy new bulbs in process of changing them the stone fell broke into pieces but I put the two larger halves together n it seems to be working fine ever since however I'm a bit weary now don't need anymore negative energy in my life my mom just got diagnosed with Parkinson's n cancer n ice been battling drug addiction just really bad luck n energy around me n I bought this stone praying it'd bring some positive energy around Mr now I'm absolutely devastated what should I do please help me

    ReplyDelete