Monday, February 28, 2011

Will I be damned if I study psychic development?

I get a lot of emails about church related questions.  I've touched on this subject here on this blog before.  Most people want to know if studying intuition, meditating or using cards for guidance is evil.  And if it's not, why do their pastors, ministers and priests preach against it?

I had an experience this weekend that showed me exactly why they rightly rant against the average newby dabbling in these practices.  This week I had my hair highlighted as always by my stylist.  But this time, she talked me into low lights.  I finally relented and was near tears as my hair dried and revealed chunks of brown streaks running through my hair.  It looked like someone had poured a tub of ink over my head.  So what did I do?  I decided I could fix this myself.  So I went to the store, picked up a coloring kit and VOILA! I now have orange hair.  ORANGE.  No, really.

So this experience made me realize that "dabbling" in something we really don't know about can be and often is dangerous.

Is coloring hair dangerous?  Yes, if you don't know what you're doing.  If I weren't so shallow, I'd post a picture of my hair to show you how dangerous :)

Is working on your psychic development dangerous? Yes, if you don't know what you're doing.

Do you see the connection?  The acts themselves aren't dangerous or evil or malign.  It's the lack of knowledge on the part of the participant.

Alright, lesson over.  I'm off to a hair stylist.  A new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment