On tonight's show of Psychic Teachers, Deb and I discussed ways to use your intuition to combat depression. So, in case any of you missed it, I thought I'd recap some of our suggestions:
1) Stay faithful. Just because life has been beating up on you does not mean your higher power has abandoned you. Our higher self prior to our incarnation set up many obstacles and challenges for our earthly selves to deal with so we can learn and grow. So if you're going through a difficult time, don't question your faith. Don't feel as though God has abandoned you. Hold onto your faith - it can be your compass to navigate out of this difficult time.
2) Practice gratitude. Every night before going to bed either write down or simply list in your mind all the the things you're grateful for. This is really a life changing habit to practice.
3) Give back. When we're feeling sad, we can often lose perspective and start to feel like the martyred victim. To avoid this, shine a light on someone else. Volunteer, donate food to a local food pantry, offer to babysit for a friend, buy a friend a gift for no reason, send someone an anonymous gift or happy card. I have a friend who goes grocery shopping every week, and if anything she's buying is a Buy One Get One Free sale, she buys it and brings the items to our local food pantry at the end of each month.
4) Know that you have choices. Often we get depressed when we feel powerless and without choices. In every situation there's some choice you can make, no matter how small it may seem at the time. Remind yourself of this, practice making good choices and start to reclaim your power.
5) Make yourself happy each day. Every day, do something to make yourself happy. It might be stopping at a coffee store for a special treat, taking time to read a good magazine, indulging in an extra long bath, watching a really good movie, baking a great dessert, going for a walk outside in nature. Every day, try to do something that makes you happy.
6) Use crystals! Some great crystals for depression include Botswana Agate, Smokey Quartz and Apache Tears. A great crystal layout to practice is this:
Place an amethyst on your third eye.
Put a citrine on your solar plexus.
Put a rose quartz on your heart chakra with four single terminate clear quartz surrounding it in a cross formation or N, S, E, W pointing out, away from the rose quartz.
Lay down with these crystals in position for about 15 - 20 minutes and imagine any sadness, fear, stress, anger and negativity leaving your body. Then turn the crystal points so that they're pointing into the rose quartz and lay like this for another 15 - 20 minutes while imagining all good and loving, healing energy coming your way.
And finally, try practicing my mantra THIS TOO SHALL PASS.
"Remember to keep your thoughts positive, for your thoughts become your words. Remember to keep your words positive, for your words become your actions; remember to keep your actions positive, for your actions become your habits; and remember to keep your habits positive because your habits become your destiny" -- Peter Johnson