Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Love Your Dress

It happened again today. During a reading, a loved one came through to describe an Easter dress her daughter wore. I love it when that happens because it's such a great way of telling my clients, "Yes! Your loved ones see you, check in with you, and are always present at the big occasions." One of my all time favorite readings was when a mom came through and described her daughter's prom dress and wedding dress in great detail -- two major events in her daughter's life that had occurred after she passed. Such a small thing -- a dress, a veil, a suit, a tie -- and yet so meaningful.

So the next time you have a major occasion, know that your loved ones are right there with you.

Of course, I can't help adding one more story. This past summer, a young woman on my husband's side of the family died. I couldn't attend the funeral because one of my children came down with the flu. I tried to meditate and communicate with this wonderful woman to tell her how sorry I was that I couldn't be there. In her typical fashion, she popped right in and laughingly said, "Don't worry about it, but tell them I hate the pale blue dress they put me in. Not my color!" When my husband came home from the funeral, I asked him what color the dress was and laughed when he said, "Blue."

No comments:

Post a Comment