Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a wonderful new year's celebration and are ready to start the new year with renewed commitment to achieving your goals, dreams and desires.  I just got my children off to their first day of school in the new year, and I feel a bit sad.  We had a wonderful, relaxing two weeks of sleeping in, playing with friends, visiting family and playing with all the new toys Santa brought us.  But I've made a commitment to try and keep that festive feeling with us all year long by saying "NO" more often.  Can I bring 24 cupcakes to school on Friday?  No, actually, I can't. Well, maybe I can buy some cupcakes at the grocery stores, but I will NOT bake them and I certainly won't do the time consuming rainbow cupcakes with seven layers.  See?  Easy.

Alright, so as you can see change comes slowly.  But when we set our mind to something, change DOES come.  We just have to be patient.  And what better time to make these changes than at the new year?  A special energy of manifesting swirls around us twice a year -- at the new year and around our birthday. Plus, astrologically speaking, ALL planets are moving direct for the first several weeks of January. Yes, you read that correctly.  No planets are in retrograde for the new couple of weeks.  That's fantastic and hasn't happened in a really long time.

So where do you see yourself in the next six months? Where will you be on January 1 of 2012?  What will your job, your family, your relationships, your self-esteem, your spirituality look like in one year?  Imagine it, visualize it, be it.

There's a wonderful story I read in the first Chicken Soup for the Soul Book.  It's called "Glenna's Goal Book," and it details how to create your own goal book.  It also talks about a magic formula:

I  x V  = R

Imagination times visualization equals reality.

If you can imagine it, visualize it, feel it, see it, taste it, know it and believe that you deserve this success and MORE, then you will manifest it.

Take hold of the steering wheel of your life.  Don't let your parents' desires run your life, don't allow your friends and family members to control your decisions, throw away your fears and doubts. You are a child of God's divine light.  You have not only a right to shine your brightest, but a responsibility too.

Happy New Year.  Thank you for following me on this blog journey.  I honor you all and keep you in my good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment