Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hello From Heaven

I was asked this question on our PsychicTeachers Facebook page and thought the answer would make a good post:


"Is there a transition period between death and when the deceased can start communicating with us? In other words, how long after death does it take for a loved one to "see" us or send their energy to us?"


This is a really good question and, unfortunately, the answer isn't simple.  If someone dies very suddenly or tragically, it can take them some time to reach out and communicate with those of us still here.  There are resting places on the other side where newly arrived souls can go to acclimate to their new surroundings.  It really depends on someone's personality and belief system as to how they will handle their transition.  An atheist or agnostic, for example, usually has a harder time dealing with this change than a believer.  If someone dies angry and upset, say from a suicide or murder, then they, too, may have a harder time.  If, however, someone knows they're dying and have been preparing for this for several months, usually they can communicate with us pretty easily.


When I first started doing readings, a woman made an appointment with me about two weeks in advance.  She showed up for her appointment in tears.  She was clearly distraught as she walked into my office.  "My father died last night," she said.  "Can we still please do the reading?"  I said I didn't think it was appropriate, but she was so upset that I acquiesced. Her father came through with so many amazing validations and even gave me the name of the hymn he wanted played at his funeral.  


I would never do that again because it's just not right.  But I was new and was still learning.  Still, it showed me that sometimes they can communicate right away.  Again, it comes down to personality.


For an example, I'll refer to one of my old, favorite TV shows  - The Golden Girls.  Now, if you're familiar with the characters, read on.  Blanche would take no time communicating and flirting with those of us still here.  Rose would probably take awhile because she's not the brightest bulb and it would take her awhile to get used to the new way of communicating through pure energy rather than a voice box.  Sophia would spend most of her time reuniting with old friends and family before she thought of sending communication back and Dorothy, well, she would be a bit skeptical of the whole thing and would have to test everything out before she would trust communicating with her children still here.


When our loved ones in heaven communicate with us, they have to learn how to work their energy.  For some, this takes them quite some time.   One time, I had a dream about my mother-in-law and it started with a crash in my kitchen.  When I ran into the kitchen, there was my mother-in-law.  I said, "Maggie! Are you ok?" And she said, "Wow, that was harder than I thought."


I had another dream visit with a friend of mine and when I reached for his hand, he said, "I haven't learned how to do that yet.  You can see my body, but it's not really a body, so there's nothing to touch."  Two weeks later, I had another dream and he hugged me.  


So they have to learn how to work their energy before they come to us.


Also, if you're experiencing a lot of grief, anger and sadness -- which are all appropriate emotions in the beginning stages of grief -- then you create a cactus like energy around you preventing your loved ones from getting through.  If you're going through this tremendous grief, try telling your loved one, "I really need to hear from  you.  If you can't get to me, please send a sign or message to                  " and then pick a friend or family member who knows you both but isn't experiencing the same level of grief.


For more information on this, two great books to check out are Testimony of Light and Handbook to the Afterlife.




If you have a question you'd like me to answer, post it on the PsychicTeachers Facebook page or send me an email at samantha@thecrystalchick.com

1 comment:

  1. Samantha,

    This post (after hearing you mention it on your radio show/podcast) really hit a nerve with me.

    Thank you for all you and Deb do for us. I appreciate more than you will ever know.

    Much love from South Korea!

    ReplyDelete