Friday, February 10, 2012

Seeing Things??

Recently I received an email that asked this question, "I think I have clairvoyance, but I only see things out of the corner of my eye.  Why is this?"

I'm sure many of you, too, have seen flashes of color or light or shadows out of the corner of your eye.  The ASK MARILYN column in Parade Magazine addressed something similar to this and I wanted to share with you Marilyn's response:

Humans have two kinds of photosensitive cells -- cones and rods.  Cones are used for seeing when it's light; rods are used when it's dark.  The center of your eye contains only cones; the perimeter is dense with rods.  So when you look directly at a light source, it disappears because the cones can't "see" it.  But when you look out the corner of your eye, you can because the rods see it.

So, the next time you see something out the corner of your eye, don't try to look at it directly.  Just sit there patiently and try to see as much as you can peripherally.  Soon you'll strengthen your rods and will begin to see more clearly.

1 comment:

  1. i always see sparkles/twinkles which is one of my spirit guides and black spots.

    ReplyDelete