Thursday, May 27, 2010

Relationship Rescue

For the past two weeks, I've had many readings with people in relationships that are probably not going to make it or are going through some very difficult growing pains. I love my work and feel very honored to work with the people I meet. But it's hard when I can't pass on positive predictions. Relationships are hard. Romance books and movies have taught us so many lies. There is no happy ever after. There's just the day after. And the day after that. A successful relationship is simply two people agreeing to the same goal(s). But life is never simple, is it?

Every relationship we experience in our lives -- good or bad -- exists to teach us important lessons. When our hearts are hurting, or our pride is wounded, or we're simply left feeling abandoned, it can be difficult to focus on anything positive like lessons learned. We just want to head straight to the ice cream aisle instead.

But today I had an opportunity to meet a wonderful tarot reader and as we were discussing the dreaded Three of Sword's card (it's a heart being pierced by three swords), she said, "Sometimes the heart has to be broken open so that we can experience a new and deeper capacity for love." Wow, what a wonderful way to look at relationship heartache.

I wish all of you out there a peaceful, love filled, and joyous weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment